PRODUCT CODE : ACM032-T
- H1N1 Flu for Healthcare Workers – ACM032-T
- AdvaMed and PhRMA Ethics Codes for Sales Professionals – AESRT009-T
- Aseptic Technique and Infection Control for the Sales Professional – AESRT006-T
- FDA Reporting for Safer Medical Products – AESRT003-T
- HIPAA HITECH: Final Rule Compliance for Business Associates – SRT010-T
- ISO 13485:2016 – Requirements for Medical Devices – SRT013-T
- Massachusetts Legal and Ethical Requirements for Pharmacy and Medical Device Representatives – SRT005-T
- Orientation to the Operating Room for the Sales Professional – AESRT001-T
- Protecting Yourself from H1N1 Influenza in Healthcare Environments – SRT007-T
- Radiation Safety for Clinical Health Care Industry Representatives (Clinical HCIRs) – SRT004-T
- Risk Management and Ergonomics – AESRT008-T
- Safe Use of Electronic Communication in the Workplace – SRT014-T
- The Basics of Informed Consent – SRT012-T
- The Sunshine Act: A Guide for Healthcare Providers – SRT011-T
- Ethics and Corporate Compliance in Healthcare – AESRT002-T
Planning and preparing to provide care in the event of a bioterrorism attack or other emergency is a critical part of working in any healthcare environment. But planning is more than knowing where emergency supplies and exits are. Planning also involves ensuring that healthcare workers know how to keep safe, both physically and mentally. This includes having the families of healthcare workers be prepared for disasters. Studies have shown that providing care to disaster victims is impaired when healthcare workers are concerned about their own families’ safety.
This program is designed to help healthcare workers prepare themselves at work, at home and in the community at large, to respond to bioterrorism and other emergencies.
After viewing this program the viewer should be able to:
- Describe the types of weapons of mass destruction.
- Describe the types of mass casualty disasters.
- Describe how to plan for your own family’s safety.
- Describe the facility’s disaster plan.
- Describe the types of personal protective equipment.
- Describe how community wide planning is used to prepare for disasters.