PRODUCT CODE : M093-T
- OR Fire Safety: A Triad of Prevention – 78663-T
- Aseptic Nursing Technique in the OR: Principles of Sterile Technique and Surgical Hand Scrub – 78810AB-T
- Aseptic Nursing Technique in the OR: Principles of Sterile Technique – 78810A-T
- Aseptic Nursing Technique in the OR: Surgical Hand Scrub – 78810B-T
- Aseptic Nursing Technique in the OR: Gowning, Gloving and Surgical Skin Prep, and Creating and Maintaining the Sterile Field – 78810CD-T
- Aseptic Nursing Technique in the OR: Gowning, Gloving and Surgical Skin Prep – 78810C-T
- Aseptic Nursing Technique in the OR: Creating and Maintaining the Sterile Field – 78810D-T
- Preoperative and Postoperative Care – M043-T
- Surgical Skin Preparation – M053-T
- Preparing and Maintaining the Surgical Field – M054-T
- Positioning the Surgical Patient – M055-T
- Communications: The Process – M091-T
- Communications: Nurse-Patient Relationships – M092-T
- Communications: Manager Relationships – M093-T
- Communications: Peer Relationships – M094-T
Planning and preparing to provide care in the event of a bioterrorism attack or other emergency is a critical part of working in any healthcare environment. But planning is more than knowing where emergency supplies and exits are. Planning also involves ensuring that healthcare workers know how to keep safe, both physically and mentally. This includes having the families of healthcare workers be prepared for disasters. Studies have shown that providing care to disaster victims is impaired when healthcare workers are concerned about their own families’ safety.
This program is designed to help healthcare workers prepare themselves at work, at home and in the community at large, to respond to bioterrorism and other emergencies.
After viewing this program the viewer should be able to:
- Describe the types of weapons of mass destruction.
- Describe the types of mass casualty disasters.
- Describe how to plan for your own family’s safety.
- Describe the facility’s disaster plan.
- Describe the types of personal protective equipment.
- Describe how community wide planning is used to prepare for disasters.