PRODUCT CODE : 78867ABC-T
- Age-specific Care: Neonates and Infants, Toddlers Through Teens, and Adults – 78867ABC-T
- Age-specific Care: Neonates, Infants and Toddlers – 78867A-T
- Age-specific Care: Preschoolers, School-agers, Tweens and Adolescents – 78867B-T
- Age-specific Care: Young Adults, Middle Age, Older Adults, Elders – 78867C-T
- Communication Skills – A2068-T
- Continuous Quality Improvement in Healthcare – M131-T
- Emergency Management Planning – M244-T
- Essential Nursing Informatics: Impact on Nursing – M286C-T
- Essential Nursing Informatics: Impact on the Healthcare and Quality Initiatives – M286B-T
- Essential Nursing Informatics: Introduction – M286A-T
- Nursing Transitions – M279AB-T
- Nursing Transitions: New Graduate to Professional – M279A-T
- Nursing Transitions: Preceptors and Mentors – M279B-T
- Preparing Staff and Workplace for Future Changes Associated with Latex Allergies – M188-T
- Preventing Infant Abduction – WM504-T
- Providing Patient Education to Meet Joint Commission Standards – M191-T
Planning and preparing to provide care in the event of a bioterrorism attack or other emergency is a critical part of working in any healthcare environment. But planning is more than knowing where emergency supplies and exits are. Planning also involves ensuring that healthcare workers know how to keep safe, both physically and mentally. This includes having the families of healthcare workers be prepared for disasters. Studies have shown that providing care to disaster victims is impaired when healthcare workers are concerned about their own families’ safety.
This program is designed to help healthcare workers prepare themselves at work, at home and in the community at large, to respond to bioterrorism and other emergencies.
After viewing this program the viewer should be able to:
- Describe the types of weapons of mass destruction.
- Describe the types of mass casualty disasters.
- Describe how to plan for your own family’s safety.
- Describe the facility’s disaster plan.
- Describe the types of personal protective equipment.
- Describe how community wide planning is used to prepare for disasters.