PRODUCT CODE : 78796ABC-T
- Cultural Awareness in Healthcare – 78796ABC-T
- Cultural Awareness in Healthcare: An Action Plan – 78796B-T
- Cultural Awareness in Healthcare: Understanding the Need – 78796A-T
- Cultural Awareness in Healthcare: Your Practice – 78796C-T
- Evidence-based Practice: What It Is and What It Is Not – M257-T
- From Media to Medicine – M198-T
- Generations in the Workplace – M209-T
- Nursing Theory: Application to Nursing Practice – M256-T
- Professionalism in Healthcare, Part 1: Professional Behavior, Attitude, and Attire – M271A-T
- Professionalism in Healthcare, Part 2: Patient Interactions, Communication, and Personal Development – M271B-T
- The Challenge of Healthcare Literacy – M255-T
- Culturally Competent Care: An Overview – WM505-T
- Communications: Manager Relationships – M093-T
- Communications: Nurse-Patient Relationships – M092-T
- Communications: Peer Relationships – M094-T
- Communications: The Process – M091-T
Planning and preparing to provide care in the event of a bioterrorism attack or other emergency is a critical part of working in any healthcare environment. But planning is more than knowing where emergency supplies and exits are. Planning also involves ensuring that healthcare workers know how to keep safe, both physically and mentally. This includes having the families of healthcare workers be prepared for disasters. Studies have shown that providing care to disaster victims is impaired when healthcare workers are concerned about their own families’ safety.
This program is designed to help healthcare workers prepare themselves at work, at home and in the community at large, to respond to bioterrorism and other emergencies.
After viewing this program the viewer should be able to:
- Describe the types of weapons of mass destruction.
- Describe the types of mass casualty disasters.
- Describe how to plan for your own family’s safety.
- Describe the facility’s disaster plan.
- Describe the types of personal protective equipment.
- Describe how community wide planning is used to prepare for disasters.