PRODUCT CODE : LTC1603-T
- Professional Case Management: Effective Communication – LTC1603-T
- Professional Case Management: Introduction – LTC1601-T
- Professional Case Management: Issues to Consider in Long Term Care – LTC1605-T
- Professional Case Management: Process and Standards of Care – LTC1604-T
- Professional Case Management: Skill Sets, Attributes, and Professional Responsibilities – LTC1602-T
Planning and preparing to provide care in the event of a bioterrorism attack or other emergency is a critical part of working in any healthcare environment. But planning is more than knowing where emergency supplies and exits are. Planning also involves ensuring that healthcare workers know how to keep safe, both physically and mentally. This includes having the families of healthcare workers be prepared for disasters. Studies have shown that providing care to disaster victims is impaired when healthcare workers are concerned about their own families’ safety.
This program is designed to help healthcare workers prepare themselves at work, at home and in the community at large, to respond to bioterrorism and other emergencies.
After viewing this program the viewer should be able to:
- Describe the types of weapons of mass destruction.
- Describe the types of mass casualty disasters.
- Describe how to plan for your own family’s safety.
- Describe the facility’s disaster plan.
- Describe the types of personal protective equipment.
- Describe how community wide planning is used to prepare for disasters.